Cocktail parties are a popular way to celebrate an event with wine, beer, and concoctions. A cocktail party is usually a small gathering which doesn’t go on for long hours. The typical nature of this party is a celebration with drinks.
The secret to hosting a perfect cocktail party is proactive planning. The pre-planning is initiated by sending out invitations to deciding the catering menu. To host a fun night start the planning well in time. Here are some tips which are sure to help you host a flawless cocktail party
You can opt for e-vites, but it is usually preferred for a more formal and corporate gathering. To impart a sense of curiosity you can invite your friends via calls, texts or printed invitations. Your invitation must have these following essentials:
- Dress code (if any)
- Venue location details
- Time of the party
- Parking, transportation, and other details
After the venue is decided it is important to get done with the decoration task. Usually, cocktail parties don’t accommodate grandeur decors. In case it is a themed cocktail party that you are planning to throw, make sure you have the right décor to match your theme.
After the invitations are sent and the word is spread it is important to now get to the real business, the cocktails. You don’t have to necessarily stock up the full bar. You can opt for basics and get some concoctions prepared using the primary drinks.
If you wish to take your Cocktail party to a notch up, you can keep printed drinks and cocktail menu for your guests. This will ease the task of staff as well as help the guests understand their drink without having to ask the serving staff.
Here are some of the common favorite cocktails:
- Cosmopolitan – The cosmopolitan is a popular drink made of vodka, cranberry juice, and some freshly squeezed or sweetened lime juice. There are variations available to this mixture.
- Dirty Martini – The concoction which comes with a dash of olive dipped in the mixture and the rim loaded with salt.
- Chocolate Martini – The modern variation to the traditional dirty martini, that is sweet as compared to the dirty martini.
Cocktail Party Planning Tips
Here are some of the tips which will help make your cocktail party a sure success:
- Ice is essential for any and every cocktail party. You will require a stock of ice since the drinks are best-served chill. If you don’t know how much of ice you should keep, use the one pound of ice per guest thumb rule.
- Every drink is best served in their specific glass type. Wine glasses for wines, water, and juice, straight-side highballs for tall drinks, champagne flute for champagne, tumbler for spirits and soda. Make sure you have an assortment of glasses ready for use.
- Make sure you don’t go short on alcohol. The golden rule to avoid such havoc would be to count wine and champagne as one bottle for every two guests. Stock up on primary drinks like vodka, gin, tequila, rum, and brandy.
- Don’t forget to keep the mixers in plenty as well. Tomato juice, cranberry juice, orange juice, soda tonic, etc. must be in plenty.
- You would be a great host if you accommodate the essentials people might need after a loaded drinking session, like coffee or assistance with going back home after the party.
You should also check out some awesome home catering tips for parties. This will definitely be a worthwhile read.
Cocktail Party Catering
In events where alcohol is being served, it is important to serve light food as well. Some nibbles, cheese, nuts, olives, to begin with. Guests can slowly savor the taste of gourmet finger food. Make sure you choose the food items wisely.
If you have more meat lovers, you can lay down a selection of seafood, meat, veggies, cheese, and sweets. You may have diet conscious and vegans, for them, you can keep veggies, gluten-free and dairy-free options. Some of the popular food options are:
- Caprese bites
- Tempura vegetables
- Chicken and veg skewers
Host a memorable cocktail party
There is a lot that goes into planning that perfect event. In this fast-paced life, it is practically impossible to get everything done personally. This is where Cocktail party catering services come to the rescue.
If you are planning to host an event and looking for a trusted catering service in Perth? Then, Impressions Catering is the right pick for you. Impressions Catering understands the nature of the event and plans the décor, food, drinks, and all other related essentials accordingly. Impressions Catering hosts social, corporate, weddings and other events with adept efficiency. Have some queries? Contact us to know more about our services.